Monday, 6 August 2012

Wind report for the last two days at a shore side slip in the Gore bay municipal marina.
Sat winds max speed 28.9 knots SW, Sunday max speed 27.2 knots NW.
Heading back home today as soon as the service docks clears and we can get fuel and a pumpout. Today's destination is Haywood Isl  about 10 nm past little current. Tue on to the Bustards isl group in Georgian Bay for two days of R&R

Saturday, 4 August 2012

Today's location Aug 4th Gore Bay. Time to head home, will be staying for a couple of days till the front rolls through. The weather looks good for the remainder of the week to head back south. Killarney, Bustard isl group, Britt, Parry Sound then home :(
Left croker island this morning heading to Gore bay..flew the kite again today until the entrance to gore bay when the wind died and then changed direction to the west and blew the kite in my face  :) so motored in the remaining 3 miles. Settling in at Gore bay marina waiting out a big storm system that is expected tonght/tomorrow. Winds up too 40k I will leave the nav instruments on and check the max wind speed and post it here, should prove interesting. Doing laundry and cleaning up the boat, doing a little provisioning and then starting the trip back down south. Vacations are always too short :(

Thursday, 2 August 2012

 A couple of good looking boats sharing the Club Isl anchourage

Sunset from Club Isl.





A couple of pictures form the Lions head area. 


Always wondered how the tree survives on solid rock
Spent last night in James Bay. Great spot similar too Hope Island good hold in sand and with the right conditions a great anchorage. But as the wind turn to the south the roll began, it still wasn't bad only a half foot or so. Left there this morning with thunderstorms in the area and a SW wind at 10-15 knots. Once out in the open bay the the waves built to about 1 meter or maybe a little more on the stern not a comfortable ride at all. The wind did move more to the south,  gibe and headed to little current with a reef in the Genoa and no main. At one point and I think this may have been an error on the display but I did see 50 knot winds as I said it was probable an error because it sure didn't feel like it  Arrived in LC for the 3 pm bridge and then off to wally's for fuel and a pump out. Sitting at the west end in a finger slip near Boyls marina with free wifi  :) . My brother and his wife, who are on their way to the east coast to find a new house dropped by for a beer and dinner we had a nice visit.
Some video from the trip to Wingfield Basin from Lions Head on Monday. Nice weather for flying your kite.